Learning to Ride with the Lean


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana
September 10th 2007
Published: September 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sept 10th, 2007

Lewis and Clark State Park, ND to Choteau, MT

Beautiful Day...Cold Morning...

I have about mastered the art of riding 70 mph, going straight, and keeping the bike at an 80 degree angle into the wind. The gusts get a little hair but when you have 30 mph crosswinds, I have found this is the way to ride to survive...

Drove through Wiliston, ND, which is the center of the oil boom in this part of the country. Business was booming. I guess when crude hits $80 a barrell Texas license plates chase oil everywhere from North Dakota, to the Middle East, the Gulf of Mexico and anywhere else they can find. I ate a good hot breakfast in Fairview, MT at the border of Montana. Anybody who wants to work can find employment in Wiliston...

Took HWY 200 all the way across Montana looking at first and all the oil wells, then my eyes turned to the wheat fields and the antelope. Finally crossing the Judith Mountains in Central Montana outside of Lewistown. I am happy to be back. Still pushing across the plains, I pushed 510 miles today to the front range and Choteau, MT made famous as the home of David Letterman. Ate a great cheeseburger ate a family restaurant on main street. The owner had just bought it and she had moved home to Choteau to send her kids to high school there after 20 years in Tucson, AZ. Camped at the city campground, one block off main street next to the Little League Field...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb