Day 8 - Bun Burner completed with 8 minutes to spare.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Missoula
June 25th 2013
Published: June 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

beer listbeer listbeer list

Tamarack Brew List...Boscos eat your heart out!
Evidently I was with Ralf too long last night as I set my watch back 2 hours instead of 1. Thought we had plenty of time so no hurrying this morning...UNTIL I realized my mistake after we got on the road. Left Sheridan at 8:15 AM knowing we had to log about 20 extra miles before the 480 to Missoula in order to get the 1500 completed. Upon checking the GPS I discovered that the mileage had to be completed before 3:15 PM and not 4:15. That would be a 62.5 MPH avg. at 4 but a 71.4 at 3. We made it at 3:06 with an avg of 73.5. BTW...Montana State Trooper cars are black and evidently rather forgiving. We passed one doing 95. Ran into the usual road construction, strong winds and rain..oh joy.

Arriving in Missoula we discovered a great brewpub, Tamarack. If ever in this area, stop by and sample the wares! I recommend the IPA. Also found several "head shops" along with a plethora of bars. Must have something to do with long cold winters or there is a resurgence of the 60's. One could describe Missoula as an inland Portland.

Deborah here: Charlie
Water Pipe SaleWater Pipe SaleWater Pipe Sale

Sidewalk sign for 1 of the 3 head shops in a 4 block area. Maybe just a tad Liberal!
forgot to mention the great 75 mph sweepers coming in UNTIL that is the purple clouds reappeared. Had to stop and put rain cover on tank bag, all the trucks and big bus RV's Charlie pissed off earlier buzzed us between the wind and torrential rain, I almost got blown over, tense to say the least! As we went on our way,I felt cold down in my "lady parts"' I looked down and was sitting in a pile of hail. I thought those were large rain drops, so dark couldn't see the small hail. Ralf was livid, he said all he wanted to do was have an adventure, some Boone's Farm Strawberry wine and a little rattail tushy. Not a ride like this with a crazy woman. We made it to to Missoula in one piece and proceeded to drink good beer! Travel tip: don't piss off big vehicles if they won't get out of your way. They will get you.

Advertisement



25th June 2013

Lolo Pass?
Great road that takes you into the Palouse.

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb