Great Falls Montana


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Great Falls
July 11th 2012
Published: July 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We visited Great Falls and were pleasantly surprised at the city and it's historical perspectives.

We spent the afternoon at a most interesting exhibition of Lewis and Clark. The Missouri River that they faced in this part of the country was challenging for them as they ventured up the Missourri. What did they find? Great Falls..... We saw them and marveled. Also visited the healing springs that brought Sakajawea back to health after her near death illness. She was a hell of a woman.

Another visit was to the Charlie Russel museum, he was a famous painter of the Old West lifestyle and did he portray it beautifully in his work. We also visited his Studio and the home him and his wife Nancy lived in. Enjoyed it immensely.

One more interesting stop was at the local Lutheran church on Sunday morning. They were having an accordian polka service, all worship music was put to polka tunes. Most interesting, the sermon was good though.

Other than that we had a very nice dinner out at Bert and Ernie's and visited the world famous Sip and Dip - don't ask.......

Onward to Glacier National Park.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb