On the Home Stretch


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Great Falls
July 28th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Haven't sent a message since we were in Ontario. We have now crossed Manitoba, Saskatchewan, part of Alberta and are now back in the USA in Great Falls, Montana. Had a 4 day stop in Winnipeg to visit David's cousin Karen and her family. Had a great visit. Got to experience some of their annual Fringe Festival, play Canadian 5-pin bowling, eat great food, do a little kayaking and talk a lot. We are already looking forward to their visit to Las Vegas and our next visit to Winnipeg.

We arrived in Great Falls on Wednesday, July 25, after 2 long days of driving from Winnipeg across the great plains of Canada. The land in western Manitoba and eastern Saskatchewan is so flat that a prairie dog mound would stand out as a hill. Unbelievable farmland.

In Great Falls we are visiting my family and old friends, catching up on our visiting and enjoying the city. Great Falls has a wonderful river trail on the banks of the Missouri that takes you through the main city area (along the river) and then passesseveral of the dams. We plan to do that today. The state fair opens today. Haven't decided whether to deal with the crowds and go, but may do so just for old times sake. When growing up the highlight of the summer was going to the fair.

We plan to leave for home on July 30 or 31. Haven't decided on a route yet, but since we have some time we probably won't come the usual I-15 route. Will take a little more time and drive a route we haven't done before.

Farewell from Big Sky Country, David and Barb

Advertisement



Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb