Glacier National Park - WOW!


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Glacier NPGlacier NPGlacier NP

Lake McDonald
It is 32 miles from West Glacier, MT to Logan Pass, up the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier NP. We made the round-trip drive in only 5 hours and around 150 photographs. The best description I can give of Glacier National Park's scenery is "WOW!"
And if the snowy mountains, glaciers, lakes, rivers and waterfalls aren't enough, today we saw a moose enjoying his lunch from the bottom of a pond, bighorn sheep watching all the people that were watching them, a mountain goat totally ignoring the traffic going by or stopping to take his picture near Logan Pass, and a golden eagle soaring overhead.
They just finished digging out Logan Pass and the visitor center there. There is still snow beside the walkways that is 6' deep or more. Snowball fights are the norm, even for old guys like Kerry, who had a battle going with another grown man.
There is road repair/construction underway on the Going to the Sun Road, which held us up 10-15 minutes each way. It gave everyone the opportunity to get out of their cars and take pictures. There just aren't enough pull-outs along that road.
It was
Glacier NPGlacier NPGlacier NP

Upper McDonald Creek Falls
hot and hazy today, but the vistas were still gorgeous. Imagine how spectacular it is on a clear day.
I'm only posting 6 pics on this blog, but I will post another right after this one with a few more pictures and no commentary.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Glacier NPGlacier NP
Glacier NP

Moose! We've been looking for a moose.
Glacier NPGlacier NP
Glacier NP

Mt. Oberlin and Bird Woman Falls


4th July 2008

and we rave about the hills of Tennessee,,,,,
4th July 2008

Glacier Park
Your photos remind us of Alaska - breathtaking!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb