Canadian Rockies Day 4


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day five
Well we found out that National Park lodges are not designed for sleeping, but are really neat to look at. But, we didn't come to sleep, so onward we go. Got on the road by 9am and headed back up to Logan Pass. It was a bit overcast but still beautiful! Killer beautiful! This is the most beautiful place we've ever been as far as scenery goes. Just amazing! Unfortunately, Logan Pass was a zoo, and we couldn't find a parking spot so we proceeded to find a more remote area to gaze around. No wildlife sightings other than the occasional Columbian ground squirrel, but the scenery was good (I'd say "killer" but already said that earlier). We then headed to our days destination at the Many Glacier Lodge on the Swiftcurrent Lake. Another cool lodge built in 1915 and the timbers were all harvested from this area. Met a nice young man working as a bellhop and he was from N'erk (Newark,OH). He sure reminded me of my bro in law Mark but he claimed there was no relation. Anyway, our buddy from N'erk sent us in our way for a nice hike around the lake where we saw a loon, snake and a whitetail deer, oh, and the occasional squirrel. Those squirrels! They start squawking for handouts, worse than a dog! Still cute tho. After our walk we settled into our rooms and had an adult beverage or two and then went downstairs for some dinner. Dinner was ok, elk burger and killer tomato soup. After dinner we headed up the road to see if any wildlife was out and about and about ten minutes into our drive we spotted a black bear. Sat and watched it for a while and back on the road. Another two minutes and we see a grizzly bear! Pretty soon it was a zoo with all the other folks stopping. We did get a couple photos and we even think there was a cub in one of them. Pretty exciting. Then a few minutes up the road we spotted another grizzly and he was wanting to wrestle so I obliged. Got him in a headlock begging for mercy when I let him go. That was plenty of excitement for the day so we went back to our room for some rest. Tomorrow we'll be in Waterton Park in Canada.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



9th July 2015

Love!!! Glacier is moving to the top of my "I want to visit" places!! I can't believe you saw a snake and a grizzly! Was mom able to sleep last night? Haha! Glad you are having such a blast!! Ilysm!

Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 14; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb