Day 3 - Badlands/ Mt Rushmore/ Billings, Montana


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Billings
May 13th 2012
Published: May 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Spring Adventure 2012


We all slept great last night and started the day off with bacon and eggs cooked outside. What is it about food cooked outdoors that just tastes so good? a quick drive through the Badlands with opportunity to stop a few times and view some wildlife we are not used to. The Prong Horn Antelope are beutiful but this time of year they are shedding thier winter coat so most of them looked a little shabby. Lots of praried dogs and a couple of wolves spotted in the fields. We drove to Mt. Rushmore since Joe had never been there so we could snap a few pics. My favorite part of this area has always been Hill City. Just love that little town. The drive after that was somewhat boring until we got into the higher elevations in Montana and the Custer National Forest. After covering several hundred miles, we decided to stop for the night in Billings at the KOA and cook up some pork steaks and corn on the cob. Tomorrow we will cross the border into Canda and the scenery should get very nice.

By the way, we are only getting 5-6 miles per gallon in this whale of a vehicle but the gas prices are staying around $3.69 so we are still on budget for what we planned to spend on gas. Lets see what happens in Canada.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb