Day 28 Seattle - Spokane


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Bigfork
August 4th 2010
Published: August 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we got up and got the bags in the car and headed to the markets that we saw last night on the T.V. We soon found the markets and headed in to have a look at all the stalls. There were all sorts of nick knacks and food stalls and cloths just the normal market stuff. Abby and the girls got some fresh juicy red cherries and some pop corn. I got a print of Led Zeppelin on a record which was cool. We soon found the street cart it was very busy the name of it was called Maxinus Minimus it was shaped like a pig.

I waited in line and order a BBQ pulled pork sandwich and a homemade ginger-lemonade. The sandwich was awesome the flavours were yummy I can see why it got 2nd best food cart it was goood...
We soon were on our way to Spokane which was going to take about 4 ½ hours so we just took our time. About an hour out of Seattle we stopped off to get some gas and some nibbles as driven is thirsty work.....
As we were inside getting some food some guy ran in and was yelling for a fire extinguisher then he ran outside by the gas pump and a car was on fire!!!. The bonnet was smoking away and people were trying to put it out it took about a minute and they had put it out. It was a bit full on as we were right next to the same pump about 5 mins before.

As we were leaving more fire trucks were pulling in to see what was the go but all was good. Before we got back on the road the girls and Abby got some corn and it was good.
We carried on to Spokane on highway 90 which took us to Lake Wanapum which is a massive dam which runs into the start of the Columbia River.
We soon drove through Moss lake which takes us onto some of the biggest crop farms I’ve seen I a while. There were potato farms as far as the eye could see. This area has the biggest potato farms in all of the USA, they were huge. We soon got into Spokane and looked for a hotel to stay in and we found one outside of town which was very good.

We got unpack and took the girls down for a swim for a while then headed out to the Black angus steakhouse for dinner. It was really good food and the girls were well looked after. The steaks over here are really tasty and good price for what you get. We soon headed back to the hotel and got sorted for bed as tomorrow we were heading to Bigfork -Montana.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb