Day 2.........


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Springfield
December 31st 2006
Published: December 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

St. Louis Gateway ArchSt. Louis Gateway ArchSt. Louis Gateway Arch

Nice view of the arch from the metrorail stop.
We got up early again. Rain. And lots of it! WE stayed in a KOA which was nice but lots of standing water on our RV lot. It is such a pain to pack up in the rain. This KOA was quite nice and they served Belgian waffles for breakfast (free, of course!!) on Sundays. I am not a big breakfast fan but Mike is so he was happy w/ the waffles.

Now we are headed to Missouri. Tomorrow we are going to see our friend, Jan, in Jenks, OK. We met her and her hubby on our first trip out in 03. Her husband, Tall Paul, died shortly after returning home. We have not seen Jan since then but have stayed in touch. We are very anxious to see her and her family. We will stay there a day or so and then head to AZ. Our plans are not set in stone but we will be heading toward Sun City to go see Frank and Carol.

It is a gloomy and grey day here today........Not much to report. Will add more if anything exciting happens! ha ha...

Well, we now decided to stop in ST. Louis
Cross Foundation USACross Foundation USACross Foundation USA

WE thought that this was interesting at 1-70 and 55 in Effingham, IL. It was constructed as a beacon of hope to the 50,000 travelers who pass each day. You can get more info at www.crossusa.org
for a visit since neither of has ever been here. We are parked right here at the Casino RV park and will venture out to the city via the metrorail that is very convenient to the casino. Good security here too. Mike says we are going to have a "little fun". AKA gambling......uggghhhhh....smoke filled places!!! Everyone knows how MUCH I LOVE casinos! It will be interesting to be here for the New Year's celebration...if we make it to midnight!

The city is nice, and pretty calm as it is a Sunday. Mike had to see the new Cardinal stadium. Nice but not nearly as impressive as Comerica park. We took the "pod" up the Arch--very claustrophobic. Interesting view from the top but I found the view of the structure from the outside ON the ground much more interesting! Took a lot of pics and will load them up soon.

We may never come back if we win big at the Casino QUEEN!! Yeah............right.....................Will try to post some pics....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The "pod" that goes to the top of the arch!The "pod" that goes to the top of the arch!
The "pod" that goes to the top of the arch!

Mike says it is almost as bad as an MRI!
Cardinal StadiumCardinal Stadium
Cardinal Stadium

This is all Mike.....ha ha
MikeMike
Mike

What more can I say?


31st December 2006

st louie
1 time baby - and 1 step back
31st December 2006

win big at the casino
here's to hoping you win some big bucks!

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb