St. Louis Gateway Arch and arrive at Reunion!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Saint Louis
July 20th 2012
Published: August 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Short drive to the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. A bit of a wait for our turn to ride up to the top of the arch, but made good use of our time in the gift shop and display area. We rode up to the top in a very, VERY small car that is rigged like a Ferris wheel chair so that is stays upright as it makes it’s way to the top of the curved arch. There is a small viewing area at the top of the arch with windows to look out. It is pretty neat up there and you can see quite a lot of the city. The Gateway Arch is really very much a symbol like Ellis Island in that many of the travelers going west passed through St. Louis. I had no idea! Nor that it is made out of stainless steel!







We head to Evansville, Indiana for our family reunion at Burdette Park and will spend 5 days there. We arrive around 6:00 and it’s great to see so many aunts, uncles and cousins! We will be small this year since we just got word earlier that Uncle John is in the hospital in Cleveland and all his kids are with him. We are sending many prayers your way, Uncle John! We miss you! Also missing this year are many of the Al Mayhan family – they have had a difficult year with Aunt Virginia passing earlier and we wish them all the best and sending prayers their way. Also, Uncle Bill – thoughts and prayers your way and we missed you!







Evansville is it’s usual hot and sticky self! Too bad we didn’t get here in time for the pool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Looking down 630ft! Looking down 630ft!
Looking down 630ft!

Yes, those are the two legs of the arch!


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb