Day 2 - St. Louis, MO


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Saint Louis
June 29th 2011
Published: June 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Day 2 was a full day! We drove to St. Louis and arrived there around lunchtime. On the agenda was going up the Gateway Arch at the Jefferson Expansion National Monument. This was accomplished with flying colors. The underground history displays were phenomenal describing the westward expansion following the Louisiana Purchase. We took the tram up to the top and enjoyed the beautiful views of St. Louis from the top!

We ended up about an hour past Kansas City in Lawrence, KS for this evening. Now off to bed so we can make good time on our way to Colorado Springs, tomorrow!

Thanks for your prayers and reads! Hope you enjoy some of the sweet pics we took of the Arch!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



30th June 2011
Beautiful Park

Yes! Beautiful!!
Thank you for sharing this. I am so glad you got to go to the top of the arch!! When we were there, we saw the arch from a distance. I am glad we got to see it. I think we did see the park at the base - again from a distance. I won't complain, as we were having a family reunion, remember, Sarah? :) What we got to do was neat, too. God bless you both!! Love you!
30th June 2011
Holding up the Arch

Don't you need both arms to do that?
This is a neat pic! You must be really strong!! Don't you need both arms to do that? :D
30th June 2011
Missouri Capitol Building

Awesome Pic!
This is an awesome pic! What a view, and such beauty!!! Good job!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb