Day 1 - Nashville, TN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
June 28th 2011
Published: June 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Today's Route


We are sitting at a Days Inn near Clarksville, TN thinking about the first day of our journey together.

We had safe travels and made good time deciding not to stop for lunch in Knoxville, but rather to drive straight on to Nashville so as to be able to spend more time touring there. We parked in some public lots and walked around the entire town center seeing: The Country Music Hall of Fame, the Nashville Visitor Center, the Tennessee State Capitol, the Ryman Auditorium (The Birthplace of Bluegrass), and Nashville's broadway which featured live country singers inside every restaurant along the strip!

We then both ate burgers at the Hard Rock Cafe downtown right across the Cumberland river from LP Field, the home of the Tennessee Titans!

After driving toward the west end of town, we stopped at Centennial Park to see the only exact replica of the Greek Parthenon from Athens. It was a great first day checking out of the world's center for country music.

As for car activities, we started a study of the Gospel of Mark, reading through and discussing the first chapter. The words of Jesus to the leper, "I am willing, be clean" especially stuck out to us in light of the cry required from all lepers in public "unclean! uncean!" We also listened to our first Spanish learning CD and played the license plate game. Now off to bed for an early start on day 2!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

ParthenonParthenon
Parthenon

The only exact replica of the Greek Parthenon in Athens.


29th June 2011

Sounds like a great first day!!!!!!!!! :)
29th June 2011

Awesome First Day Highlights and Pics!
Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. This is great! We continue to pray for your safety, enjoyment, and growth in many ways. God bless you richly! I look forward to reading and seeing more!! Lots of love, Because of Jesus, Mom/Momma

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb