East Coast Tour - Day 28


Advertisement
Published: August 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 28 - Elkhart to Maysville

Today we mostly tried to make up some of the time lost to car repairs. Before leaving, Tony tried to reproduce a check engine light and code we have been seeing since leaving Grand Island. Alas, no luck without the trailer hooked up. However, he did accidentally drive by the main offices for two of the biggest RV manufacturers in the US: Forest River and Heartland. Note that Heartland is the company that made our travel trailer, so it was like a homecoming. Since we were behind, we didn't try to visit the factory.

Will's place is less than a quarter mile from the Michigan border so we drove a bit north and spent some time taking in the very picturesque towns in Michigan as we worked our way west towards Lake Michigan. From there we drove through Gary, IN, and Normal IL. We kept heading west and made it as far as Maysville, MO before stopping for the night. We found a great little RV park near the Pony Express Lake. They were really nice to let us pull in late and it looks like its a very popular spot on the weekends. When we arrived, we thought we had a dozen neighbors, but it turns out that the trailers were all empty, parked and all the equipment covered. Each spot had more permanent decorations and signs for different families. We think they are weekend getaways or hunting "cabins". There was also a very suspicious guard llama who stared at us every time we headed up to the restrooms.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb