S.I.C, Girls Road Trip from SA TX to the Lake of the Ozarks


Advertisement
Published: August 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Oh my goodness life is so filled with unexpected adventures. So glad to be back blogging about some of these humbling, fun filled, real life experiences with those who may take an interest in reading this blog.

Day one, our adventure begins as Sisters in Christ, (Pam & I) embark on what at the time appears to be no different than any planned travels to and from a determined destination. My heart is connected to helping and supporting my dearest friend in doing some much needed upgrades on a family Lake House located at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. All knowing that the house has not really had TLC for close to 20 years or so. Each of us are not quit sure what exactly to expect upon arrival. A close relative has been living in the home who has encountered some tribulations throughout their life...this individual has not yet learned what we have come to know as self-sustaining independence and grace...enough said...Photos (1)

We decided to travel in style being blessed with a BMW hard top convertible. Let the journey begin with our lovely hats on and the top down...We leave SA, TX taking I-35W, 1st stop, Waco, TX, for lunch at Jimmie Johns...so yummy! Then on we go to US-75N, of course, we could not resist our short stop at the WinStar Casino in OK, so proud that we agreed on a budgeted amount to loose. Happy to report that we walked out with no winnings, however, we enjoyed sharing in the fun of trying 😊. Onward we go to US-62E, planning to stop for a nights rest in Tulsa, OK. Pam booked the room online while traveling. We arrive at the Hilton Garden. So thankful God is one step ahead of us. As Pam checks us in, the receptionist shares that for some reason there are no rooms available. She researches and upgrades us to the Executive Suite with access to the Executive Lounge...yippee! We are feeling great about that.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb