Arriving in Joplin...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Joplin
July 29th 2013
Published: July 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post


The Arch in St Louis
Half of the team has arrived in Joplin after an overnight stay in St Louis, MO. While in St. Louis, Pam, Emily, Kris, Carrie, Dan and Mary took the opportunity to walk downtown to see the Arch. It is an understatement to say the Arch is an amazing architectural design, and what it represents and holds at its core, it also amazing and inspiring. To think of our ancestors exploring this great country and traveling West to lands unknown for a better life reminds me a little of the reason we are here in Joplin, to help families improve their lives through owning a house they can call home!

The rest of the team is in route to Joplin and due to arrive within the next few hours. It will be exciting to be together for our Welcome Dinner at Immanuel Lutheran Church. We'll learn more about the impact of the 2011 tornadoes and how Joplin is rebuilding for the future. Our orientation will also help us prepare for the build days ahead of us and learn more about the partner families we'll be helping. More will be shared later today as we officially come together for our build experience...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Carrie and Emily on the ride up to the top.


A view of the dome where the St Louis Rams play football.


Dan and Mary enjoy the view of downtown.


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb