Day 2 - Now the Fun REALLY Begins!


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We made the most of our unexpected stay in Louisville by checking out the Louisville Slugger Museum (well, at least the gift shop) and then swinging by Churchill Downs for a quick pic before heading west once again. After a 20-minute wait in a Dairy Queen drive-thru, we finally hit the road in earnest around 12:30, passing the gateway to the West just after 3:00 pm. Gotta love that westward time change when you gain an hour in your day! Happily, the car top carrier is now a silent companion!

But by far the highlight of our day was gathering with extended family here in St. Louis at Pete & Mary Watts' house. We spent hours visiting with Travers and Koboldt family members, while the kids grew gills in the pool. It was a truly spectacular evening, and we were so happy to see so many aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins, 1st cousins once removed...oh, I don't know - just lots of fun-loving people to hang out and laugh with!

Pictures say a thousand words, and since we're shooting for an early start in the morning, this will be a shorter entry. Thank you, so much, to everyone who visited with us today - we were very touched that you all came to see us, and appreciate all of the well wishes. Here's hoping it won't be quite so long until our next opportunity to see each other.

Onward tomorrow to Kansas City for a baseball game, and then as far West as we can get before our final leg into Denver Monday morning.

Until tomorrow,
Marcia


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



21st July 2013

Great Blog
Marcia and Todd, Thanks for the blog. Keep them coming. Dad
22nd July 2013
Maggie & Annie

I heard Annie and (your) Maggie were fast friends - Annie kept telling me about how much fun she had at \"the party with lots of new kids\". Sorry we missed you but we are glad you got to see our kiddos.

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb