Saying good bye/Moving northward


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Branson
June 25th 2018
Published: June 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We had a last visit and hugs with the kids. As we finished getting ready to get on the road they drove out to take one more hike before heading back in the direction of home. Shortly after they left, we pulled out of camp (a little after 10:00) going towards Branson, MO.



Apparently we had fried our shore electric cord the other day when we blew a breaker while trying to run too many high power things at one—a word to the wise—that is NOT a good idea!! Luckily we had purchased a new one several years ago, so we are good to go.



On our way out, we stopped once again at Petit Jean’s Gravesite and overlook so we could take in that magnificent view once again. From there, we headed northward up and out of the Arkansas River Valley into the Ozarks. It was a lovely drive and we enjoyed both the good roads and the views. I think we are getting spoilt.



Thought for the day: we saw a sign advertising the “world’s largest parking meter museum”!! The mind boggles!



We crossed into Missouri at 3:15 and pulled into Musicland RV Park about 45 minutes later. It is a very nice park and we are located in town within walking distance of many of the attractions. We drove 162 miles today.





We have signed up for one night but will make the call in the morning as to whether or not we will stay another night. I have managed to get my other blog entries uploaded but not strong enough wifi to upload the pictures too. I will try later this evening or first thing in the morning to upload them if the WiFi gets any better. Sometimes it does later in the evening or early in the morning. Weird, but true.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



26th June 2018

Hello kids
Looks like you guys are having a great time. Be safe and stay dry !!?
27th June 2018

Blog on
Tried to do a power read of all the blogs this evening. Enjoy your trip and blog on!
27th June 2018

???
Where is the rug and bug light??!! LOL
27th June 2018

We don’t put rug out unless we are staying more than an overnight. Bug light we have decided will work inside also for the critters that come in when the door is opened! Glad you got home safely. Love you. Mom and Dad
28th June 2018
Pat at Petit Jean overlook

Pat's pic
What a gorgeous picture of you, Pat! The contrast of your shirt with the greens is perfect.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb