9-11, A Day to Remember - Freedom


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi
September 11th 2012
Published: September 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our RVOur RVOur RV

Before & After
Today, 9/11, is certainly a day we all stop and remember. Pause....Remember....

September 11, 2012 is another day WE shall remember....we are free: free at last! One month to the day .... we are actually out of Red Bay, Alabama. We are heading South towards the Gulf Coast. We are like birds out of their cage....flying free with a song in our hearts. It was a long time coming!

Our departure was not easy....surprised? We waited ALL day as they finished up the final touches, thus, getting into the cashier department at the very end of the day. What they do on their computers is beyond me.....1/2 hour of typing away aimlessly. It made any government red tape process seem simple. You would have thought she was writing all my blogs. Then the insurance gal strutted out and said she left in less than an hour and because we had 5 pages for her to read, we might have to come back in the morning....in a pig's ass we would! Start reading, girlie....and how long does it take to read 5 pages????? Remember, this part was already completed anyway. So we sat...shuffling back and forth to Wade who "trims"
Repair Bays & MotelRepair Bays & MotelRepair Bays & Motel

Just a few of the bays - only motel
the parts of the bill you don't agree with (our bill was minimal when done). The "slow reader" actually waited on another customer while working on our paperwork! That didn't set well with us so we had to give her some direction. She finished our work at 6:15 at night....closing was at 4:30! Then we realized they hadn't put our back decals on the RV.....so that was done at our site first thing this morning. It wasn't easy but it all finally came to an end! We are free: free, at last!

We are heading now for Bay St.Louis, Mississippi. Maybe we will get there, maybe we will go to Biloxi.....it's all how the wind takes us now that we are free. We still might stay over a couple nights in New Orleans just because we like that city so much. Our primary destination is San Antonio...what ever comes up in between will be gratis.

I left you with a few parting shots at Red Bay. If you should select it as your vacation destination, the Bay Plaza Motel is the only one in town. They seem to throw some of the bedding over the clothesline out back
2 Overflow Areas2 Overflow Areas2 Overflow Areas

Too many for Runway Alley...parked along the edge
to air it out on occasion. I doubt that they have that special, sanitized remote I liked.

Happy Trails to You (and us) Until We Meet Again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

LEAVINGLEAVING
LEAVING

Hooked Up & Ready to go!


11th September 2012

Free at Last. ,!!
Glad you are free at last. Leave it to you guys to leave on a day we will always remember. Glad you are on you way and looking forward to upcoming blogs. Drive safely and if Lulu wants to to stay somewhere on your travels give her my best and tell her I will miss her (hint hint)
11th September 2012

Hurray
Yes, we are so glad to be moving in the RV. How are you doing? MRI yet?
12th September 2012

up up and away!!
So glad to hear that you are finally on your way! You really made the most of the situation and I bet that you could hire on as tour guides!! I have to admit that I really enjoyed reading all of your posts as I battled thru jet lag........... Our trip was outstanding!! We saw 38 different species of animals..not including reptiles and birds. The people on our tour (19 of us in all) were great. Couldn't have asked for a better group!! Tour guides were amazing! I still can't understand how they could see something at 50km hiding in a bush!! But they did!! Lodging, meals, and weather were all on our side too! I understand how Mother and Dad loved the Maasii ....but it amazes me that with all the outside influence they are still living as nomads! Anyway, Happy Trails to you!! Hope you love San Antonio...I do!

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb