Limbo Land in Red Bay


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama
September 9th 2012
Published: September 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

WelcomeWelcomeWelcome

Red Bay, Alabama
We are back at Red Bay....where else would you find us? Of course, everything didn't fall into place exactly as we wanted....Only exactly as we expected. Still a little more work to do --- they say "they will be done sometime this afternoon". Yah, right! .....don't picture us holding our breath. We are very wise to their ways. The back cap and door are done...I had visions of them painting a bad face on the back cap so was pleased to see that it all looks fine. So the big question on all your mind - do we get to leave today? Only time can tell ....we can only plan for the worst and hope for the best. All days seem to blend together now so one more day....what's the difference! We are loosing some of our spunk I think...kind of like a Chinese water torture. Once Cory gets to see Wade in the "billing" section, we will become refreshed I'm sure. You will have to stayed tuned longer for the ending of the Red Bay saga. I know the tension is overwhelming.

Just to make sure we all remember Red Bay, Alabama (in one form or another) -
Red Bay NameRed Bay NameRed Bay Name

Bay Tree & Red Dirt
I have a few snapshots to round it off. I would guess the majority of you had never heard of Red Bay before this shared tale. You are probably as sick as we are still hearing about it.

-----Welcome to Red Bay, Alabama------ It got it's name from the RED dirt & BAY tree. We traveled frequently thru "Belmont" (AL.) to go anywhere.... just as we do at home in N.Y. when we travel North (we lived in Belmont, NY for a year & Cory's sister, Gwen, & Bob, we're married here). The brick church is one of 51 in the Red Bay area.....you could go to a different church every week! I loved this house...because of all it's lawn ornaments. On the porch is the Statue of Liberty standing tall next to the Virgin Mary & Jesus: Free & Faithful. Two of my very favorite things in Red Bay: a storm shelter and Swamp John's. What a Place - What Memories - What an Experience.

To Stay or Not to Stay....that is the question.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

PlacesPlaces
Places

Belmont in AL. & NY, Church (#51)
Lawns & SwampLawns & Swamp
Lawns & Swamp

Ornaments, Shelter, Swamp John's


10th September 2012

Light at end of tunnel !
Well I thought when I read a new blog you would be on the road leaving Red Bay as a fond memory. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, you will be leaving soon and seeing the rest of the country and I envy you guys. Have a good time.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb