The prospect of another night of camping:(


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi
January 29th 2011
Published: January 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I slept good last night, the extra blanket did he trick. When we were all out of our tents Bob said that was the best night of camping he had and he didn't want to do another. The problem there are no motels in our next stop but they did rent cabins or campers at the campground. When we finally called for reservatations they had rented the last one no more than a half hour earlier, Bob's heart just sank. We were on the road by 9:30, Bill & Rita had warned there was nothing on the road for the next 50 miles. They were right! We passed miles and miles of trees and a occasional house. We stopped in the town of Laure for lunch. This "town" consisted of one church and some type of community building. That was it! Next to the church were some pinic tables and we found some stray chairs around the building and had our peanut butter sandwiches in the sun. This is the second day of riding with shorts and a tee shirt. The camp site for the night was 1.1 miles off trail. We passed the first gas station all day and we stopped. While there Bob was still crying about having to camp another night and was thinking about a taxi to the next town. One of the locals said there was a motel 5 miles down the road and it was a new facility (one month old). You should have seen the look in his eyes, he was a new man. Their room was $75.00 for a night. Sam & I opted to camp and conserve some money. While at the campground I asked if there were any campers for rent. He had an old one for $25.00 for the night. This wouldn't require us to set up out tents and I thought it would be a good idea. This camper made Hawthorn look like a five star motel. I didn't see any bugs, but I was afraid to look too close. Sam and I both slept in our sleeping bags on top of the mattress. All things considered I am not complaining. Tomorrow is Sunday and we have been looking at the internet and there is rain coming in mid-day. We will decide what to do in the am. Today we road 45.5 miles, we have traveled a total of 750 miles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb