Following the Blue Blaze, Day 10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota
October 2nd 2015
Published: October 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Andy started the day at Horseshoe Ridge, just inside Manitou State Park. The first part of the day was rugged and had beautiful panoramic overlooks of Lake Superior and the Manitou River. The guide mentions a deteriorated trapper's cabin on the approach to Egge Lake--well, the cabin is now squashed by a fallen tree. Andy camped at Egge Lake that night. Today's mile tally: 13, with the first four being very challenging.

Andy hit another milestone today: He passed the halfway point of his journey. He was looking forward to coming off the trail for some R&R and celebration.

Thanks to his amazing organizational skills, the re-supply rendezvous this weekend will be very easy. I'll be delivering the next installment of trail food, all packed in a box and ready to deliver, which leaves just a little bit of shopping for fresh veggies and fruit and a few other luxuries for the next two off-trail days in Lutsen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



5th October 2015

Great to Meet Captain Blaze
Just got back home tonight after 4 days and 44 miles of hiking the LSHT. Had a very nice trailside chat with Captain Blaze (Andy) as he was making his way to Egge Lake and Nels and I were heading towards Horseshoe Ridge for the night. Enjoy your "reconfigurement" Andy and good luck with the rest of your hike. It was great to meet you. Andy (Tom)
5th October 2015

Great to Meet Captain Blaze
Just got back home tonight after 4 days and 44 miles of hiking the LSHT. Had a very nice trailside chat with Captain Blaze (Andy) as he was making his way to Egge Lake and Nels and I were heading towards Horseshoe Ridge for the night. Enjoy your "reconfigurement" Andy and good luck with the rest of your hike. It was great to meet you. Andy (Tom)

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb