Following the Blue Blaze, Day 7


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota
September 30th 2015
Published: September 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Okay, enough of this goofing around; time to hit the trail again. Andy had a great time relaxing in the Daniels Lake area with Erik and Kurt over the past four days. Tomorrow's post will feature some photos from his detour. But for now, here's some of the scenery from the first leg of the hike.

One of the first streams he came to was, appropriately enough, Andy Creek. There are innumerable bridges on the trail, and some of them are pretty impressive. He got some great shots of the Devil's Kettle and overlooks in varying weather. Enjoy the photo feast below!

Last night he camped at the Lake Agnes campsite, not too far from where Erik dropped him off this morning to resume the hike. This is a gorgeous area from the sound of it, and last night he was treated to the magic of the giant full moon. He shared the site with two women from Wisconsin, one of whom built a nice fire. It's definitely feeling like fall, with temperatures predicted to dip down below freezing at night. It makes for more comfortable hiking during the day, though, and the sunshine is persevering. Today he expected to get past Oberg Mountain and camp at either the Onion River or Leveaux Mountain site. Welcome to Map 4! He did a lot of climbing today through the Lutsen Mountain area and was relieved to hear from a hiker coming from the other direction that it's all downhill to Oberg. This coming weekend he'll backtrack (by car) to Lutsen to spend a day--or maybe two--relaxing at the Mountain Inn.

The blisters are mildly bothersome but not slowing him down. If he could improve one thing, it would probably be radio reception so that he can keep up with his beloved Twins. Keep those scores coming, Heather!

He'll be heading pretty far inland tomorrow, so we may or may not get a report from the trail, depending on reception.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



30th September 2015

Keeping Up
Well written accounts by the 'Ghost Writer'. Thanks for taking me on the virtual SHT experience this fall. I still hope to join Cpt "K" on a section. Enjoy the trek.........it's good for the mind too.

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb