Take me out to the ball game


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » St. Paul
September 29th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Friday- Day 90

When I finally awoke about 9am on Friday morning, Murt, Connie's stepmother announced that since this was my last day in Minnesota I should go and have breakfast of doughnuts at a special local place. Connie and Nora wanted to have a last day together and see Connie's own mother, Flo ( who came to visit us at Dolls Point about 4 years ago.) After that we went sightseeing around the district before dropping Rollie off at his golf club . More sightseeing and shopping...lunch and then we all got together to go to the baseball. Minnesota twins versus the Kansas City Royals in the local indoor stadium. Really interesting. About 20 family members there together to sing at half time. But I have to say that despite everything I really prefer cricket and think it is much more exciting. We sat there for 4 hours and the score was 8 to 1. Not much action. Boring. And very poor sportsmanship. Since it was a home game and Minnesota was doing badly anytime a Kansas player did anything they were booed. And then at the end the Minnesota players just left the field without shaking hands. Yuck!

Saturday morning we were taken to the airport for the one hour flight to Denver. Our time in Minnesota was wonderful, and we had a fantastic time with Rollie and Murt and their very large and wonderful family.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb