6 states in 1.5 days


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Minneapolis
August 11th 2013
Published: August 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Two words, long day!!!

After a 9 hour drive from Nashville to Chicago yesterday, with a pit stop in Hammond, IN at the Horseshoe Casino, Jess & I were ready to eat our Ghirardelli ice-cream and call it a day. We rose with the street sweepers to hail a taxi to taste churros, a Mexican delicacy, at XOCO. Our next stop was a swift 1.5 mile walk to the Bob Newhart statue. What we found was hundreds of sailboats and a ferris wheel at Navy Pier!!

After a 30 min search, no Newhart statue was in site! Jess asked a local if he could point us in the right direction, which he in turn replied with “there ain’t no Bob Newhart statue in Chicago. If you find one, let me know”. Sad, but not defeated, Jess and I were moving on to our next location, the famous Chicago Bean! After a 10 minute walk I spotted with my laser eye a bronzed couch with Bob sitting on it. We found BOB!!

After picture time with Bob, next up was another 1.5 mile walk to the Chicago Bean. Jess & I risked our life with the cyclist & runners. Make sure to keep right of them. On the way to the Bean I hear the sounds of a rumba. We turn the corner and BAM! There is a mass of spandex covered Mid-westerners doing Zumba! Great fun!!

Two steps over from Zumba mania was the reflective bean. Great sight! I would recommend it to anyone visiting Chicago. Next was the beginning of the Route 66 sign followed by the Buckingham Fountain (another 2 mile walk…keep up with these miles). Finally lunch at Lou Malnati Pizza, yummy!!

That was the wrap up of our tour of Chicago. It was time to head to Wisconsin where we stopped to purchase fresh cheese curds and take a picture with a rather large pink elephant wearing glasses! We are staying the night in Minneapolis, MN where tomorrow we will pick back up on our adventure…..


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



12th August 2013

Love the blog!
Love the blog and pictures. However, I think I'm a little out of shape. All that walking is making me tired. ;-)

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb