Day 1 - Travel day to Minneappolis/ Forest City Iowa


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We flew from St. Louis, MO to Minneappolis to meet up with Mark's brother, Greg and Stepdad, Joe. Travel days are typically long, tiring and boring and this one was no exception. We were not counting on such limited availabitlity of resturants at the airport but we found that once you leave the security area you have basically one option. We met up with the others and went to have lunch. We had abut 4 hours to burn up so we decided to send Mark and Greg out to find food for later while Joe and I sat with the luggage.

I met some of the most interesting people waiting at the transit center for the charter bus that would take us to the Winnebago factory. I started feeling like a woos for not wanting to drive the RV when I looked around and saw so many eldery men and women who intended to drive those whales. I think we are the youngest ones on this trip. No matter, it will be a great time!

Mark and Greg had quite and adventure. They took the light rail to the Mall of American and scored some Subway sandwiches for dinner but quickly came to the realization they were not going to find beer at the Mall of America. So off to find another store. They ended up lost in a bad neighborhood but did have success and got back to the airport in plenty of time.

The 2 buses arrived and the crowd of people waiting started getting excited. I really didn't think all of the luggage was going to fit. I doubt you could have squeezed one more piece under either bus. We rode for 2 hours to Forest City, Iowa. There were 100 brand new Winnebagos all ready for us. 50 had left yesterday, 50 leaving with us, and 50 leaving tomorrow. We settled in and got familiar with the vehicle, ate our soggy Subway sandwiches and went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb