Eccentrik Festival: Under the Gun


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Minneapolis » Uptown
October 6th 2006
Published: October 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

***Updates at bottom***


Brian and Olaf spent another looong day yesterday working on the bus. They started at around noon and worked straight through to 4:30 am. Brian and I woke up at 9:30 today to run to a hydraulics shop just north of Minneapolis. It's about 6:00 pm now and it seems as they are getting close. I still am amazed that they are able to do this whole diesel/vegetable oil conversion at all. They've been talking about it forever and when you listen, it sounds fairly straight forward. Then you go watch them for a bit. Talk of regulators, pumps, brass and copper fittings, pressures, manifolds - it becomes a blur.

The original plan was to leave this morning at 10:00 and head to Terre Haute, Indiana, where we would hang with some friends for awhile and leave the following morning. As it stands currently we will probably have to shotgun it to Raleigh as soon as the bus is finished. Other than some frustration and exhaustion, spirits are as high as could be expected. At least the weather has cooperated this week. Hopefully my next entry will be from abord the bus.


***Update***
10:25 pm- Stepped outside to speak with Brian and was greeted by the smell of diesel exhaust and a running Nebuchadnezzar. Brian was putting the last few things away and getting ready for a test drive. Not yet sure on the veg conversion, but the diesel and veg run seperately so, we might just have to go diesel this time and finish the veg when we return.

***further update***
11:55 pm- The diesel works and better than before! There are still 2 leaks in the antifreeze line. Brian is trying to fix them but sleep is at a premium (hes had 4 hours of sleep in the last 40 hours) and he might just cap the veg oil line and run on diesel alone (which isn't bad...just more expensive). The goal is to leave at 9am.


Visited US States Map



Advertisement



Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb