Hauglie family reunion. Minnesota


Advertisement
Published: September 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in the Minneapolis area with plans to take the aliner in for some service work and hook up with the Hauglie family for a mini family reunion.



First thing Monday morning after dropping Aliner off we decided to get haircuts. We were looking a little shabby. I also fit in a pedicure too! After sprucing up a bit we visited with Henry and MaryJane Fisher in Bloomington. What a delightful visit.



We arrived at Joe and Pam's on Monday afternoon after successfully having the air conditioner replaced in Elk River. Joe showed us around the area and we had a great dinner at an Irish Pub , Cladaugh's, Bangers and Mashers on menu, food was delicious.



Tuesday was full of more sightseeing around Minneapolis with Joe, the tour guide, and a swing by the airport to pick up Jeannie. Her flight went great but she was a little tired, so a nap was in order before the festivities began.



Jack and Joe played in a golf tournament on Wed, took 2nd place. I did a little shopping and had a great lunch with Uncle Marv, Valerie and Jeannie. Finished the day visiting Pam's aunt, with Pam's sister also, who was celebrating her birthday. Mark and Sandy arrived late, just in time before last call at the Basement Bar Priorities at Joe and Pam 's...

Thursday was busy as all the relatives gathered at Joe and Pam's for the caravan up to Lake O'Brien. The lake cabin is beautiful, fun times with yard games, boating, sunning, drinking, laughing, tubing and just enjoying each others company. On the trip up we saw the Largest Walley in the world statue. Another highlight to the festivities was a wonderful dinner out at the Norwegian House restaurant, excellent evening. We stayed at lake cabin until Monday July 30, then made our way back to Minneapolis to spend the night with Joe and Pam and take mom to airport in the morning. All went well for her on flight back, Julie picked her up and we got on our way to Ohio.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb