Our bags are packed and we are ready to go...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
October 1st 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 1 Travels


On to Egypt and Jordan via New York


marHaba (Hello)

The big day has almost arrived. Tomorrow we leave on our grand adventure to the Middle East. As of 6:00PM are bags are all packed. Hmmmm, seems to early to be ready, and the bags seem a little light. I wonder what we have forgotten.

My theory on forgetting something is that there are actually stores in other countries, besides the US, so I can probably buy something if I really need it. Now, what is the metric equivalent of a 15 1/2 - 35 shirt.? Bet I can find that via Google. Not to worry.

Thursday will be a lonnnnggggg travel day. We leave from Detroit at 11:30 to fly to JFK. We have about a 5 hour layover before we take Egypt Air to Cairo. After an 11 hour flight, we have another 5 hour layover before we fly to Amman. A total of 14 hours of flight time and 24 total hours to get to the start. We both have paperbacks to read and I can always practice some of my Arabic, so the time should go by OK. Pat is hoping for some good, first-run movies to help pass the time. Some Egyptian food would be great on the plane, maybe a bag of pita chips with hummus. :-)

We are looking forward to all of our planned (and even some unplanned) adventures. We also look forward to sharing those adventures with you through this blog.

ma'salama (farewell with peace)

Jim and Pat



Advertisement



2nd October 2008

Safe Travels
Have a very safe flight!!!

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb