Cape Cod


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Plymouth
October 15th 2006
Published: October 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In glorious weather, had a great last day of our trip exploring the full length of Cape Cod. Cape Cod is about 60 miles long and is shaped like a beckoning arm (see photo). It is generally flat and there are miles of sandy beaches and sand dunes on every coast. The Pilgrim Fathers first landed in America on the northern tip at the site which is now occupied by Provincetown, the major resort. They moved later to Plymouth where we are staying.

We started our trip by driving along the north coast through many pretty villages and diverting occasionally to visit a few of the beaches. At Denis we climbed an observation tower above Lake Scargo and had magnificent views of the whole Cape, described to us by a group of very friendly Americans.

We continued making our way along, driving as close to the coast as possible, visiting more beautiful beaches and eventually arriving at Provincetown. There we hired bikes and spent the afternoon riding along a super track to the north of the town which wound through sand dunes and beech woods. During the ride we reached the very tip of the Cape.

Provincetown has a strong Portuguese influence. We therefore had Portuguese spicy baked haddock for supper before driving back to Plymouth.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



16th October 2006

Cape Cod
We so enjoyed having our picture included on your travel blog. I enjoyed your blog so much I read the whole thing. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Don(second from the left) and Sue ( second from the right). Happy to have been a small part of your journey. Don and Sue

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb