Home from home


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Last night and tonight spent at a campsite in Salisbury, MA. Small (described as a parking lot in one of the reviews!) but well organised and spotlessly clean. Free wifi, laundry and cable TV so just like home from home really. We spent today visiting Newburyport and Rockport, via Ipswich and Essex. Even more like home!! Both are lovely old ports with lots of restaurants, coffee shops and ice cream parlours. The locals are charming; people stop to chat and are thrilled when they hear we are from England. We discuss the new Princess, the weather and any connection (however tenuous) with the UK. One man was telling us in detail about his sister who got married in Scotland just after the war, until he got dragged off by his wife mid story. I think she might have heard it before.... The weather has been beautiful: clear blue skies, perfect spring days. Apparently they had a terrible winter and a month ago had ten feet of snow, so good timing so far on our part. Whale watching seems to be off, not quite the season for it apparently and we struggled to find a sailing we could reach. On to Portsmouth, New Hampshire, tomorrow as '...we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.' (Jack Kerouac, On The Road)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb