Mainely wandering around....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » York
May 16th 2015
Published: May 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Apologies for the blog free days but we have been very busy in Maine eating lobster, mooching (and I might have read a book or two...).
After Salisbury we dipped into Portsmouth and dipped out again fairly quickly after realising it was a bit like Bromley only with less shops. Carried on up the coast spending a night in York, then on to Boothbay Harbour, a really pretty harbour village. We found a great campsite right on the shore and had a very peaceful time wandering about the port, looking at yachts and classic New England houses. The next morning we went to Pemaquid Point. According to the Lonely Planet, 'Along a 3500-mile coastline famed for its natural beauty, Pemaquid Point stands out...' It was a beautiful day without a cloud in the sky and the long, winding road out to the point gave glimpses of the coast and hints of the view to come. Unfortunately when we got there the entire point was shrouded in sea mist and we could barely see our hand in front of our face!!! We consoled ourselves with fried shrimp and chips at the cafe before leaving Pemaquid Pointless (as renamed by Spencer). As we headed back along the peninsular, we saw signs for Fort William Henry historical area and turned off. We found an empty car park next to a few ruins of a 17c settlement and stunning scenery all around. Popped the kettle on and just sat and soaked it up for an hour or more before heading off to Camden. Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we enjoyed being there...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb