Cape Cod, Massachusetts


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Cape Cod
October 6th 2006
Published: October 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Cape Cod is one of the famous vacation places for people living in the large cities of the east coast. We arrived late afternoon to our B&B. It was a nice house owned by a couple from Montreal. Our dinner recommendation for tonight was the "Impotent Oyster" which to us was really funny. We had been wondering all day how an oyster could be impotent as the legend says that oysters are as good as the blue pill 😊. Well, it turned out that it was not "impotent" but "impudent" which does not make any more sense either. The food however was excellent and we ate the biggest lobster in our lives. We had never thought that we would hardly be able to finish it. The lobster also came with interesting sweet clams that were actually really good. (see picture)

The following morning we set out to tour the peninsula's many natural sights and lighthouses. We were fortunate to be able to go up one of them and enjoy the awesome view and appreciate how cold the wind can get. We also took a short hike through a trail that took us around some swamps which are apparently an oddity in this part of the US but a common sight in North Carolina where we live.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Cape Cod, MassachusettsCape Cod, Massachusetts
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

No comment... does it look like a sweet clam to you???


16th October 2006

We must go to Cape Cod in July.

Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 81; dbt: 0.141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb