4th and Final entry - Cape Cod


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Cape Cod
August 21st 2007
Published: August 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived on the Cod (as they say down here) to a very busy w/e. Been seal watching with 'Capt. Bob' and have been to the beach twice. We also visited the saltmarsh up the coast (which was very interesting) and have a day in Provincetown planned for tomorrow. Bit cloudy today so hoping for better weather for the rest of the week. Can't believe the weather forecasts - they seem very changeable!! It's a real tourist place here with lots of nice shops and we're enjoying the contrast to our previous stops. Haven't eaten so much fish this week - lobster, shrimp (enormous), scallops - all delicious. Think we've gained some weight this holiday unfortunately! The exchange rate is very favourable but we can't quite rush to the $6 000 000 house on the seafront unfortunately. Some of the photos have been hard/impossible to upload - it takes ages (am currently in Chatham library using my free half hour slot). The coastline is fascinating and subject to two streams - the gulf stream and the weather from Canada which can bring temps. down. It's a peasant 75 at the moment (the locals like this as people can sleep at night.
Will sign off now and track Michael down who should be booking our supper tonight hopefully at the Impudent Oyster.
See you all next week.
D and M xxx

Advertisement



22nd August 2007

Missing you
Bowls was cancelled this evening on holidays/health/pressure of work grounds. Shame, because today seemed like the first day of summer and the weekend is now set fair. In the quiz, Jen, Kathryn and Gordon supplemented the only permanent member of the team and, again, we came 4th=. We hope the Impudent Oyster was up to muster - it sounds as though you're having a great time. The shopping sounds marvellous! Sorry that you haven't been able to post more photos, but we look forward to seeing them upon your return. Jen dropped into Farley this evening and Georgie seems happy enough. Mary is also happy because her painful ankle turns out to be broken (four weeks ago) and healing rather than some of the less pleasant possibilities.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb