Cheers from Cheers


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 19th 2006
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The PumpkinThe PumpkinThe Pumpkin

Kersten's on right Sven's on left.
Hi Everyone!

Flight from Toronto was delayed, funniest part of this was the frequent announcements in the airport saying 'please keep control of your personal belongings'?! Like they are going to run away or start a riot or something. Slight concern when once we had boarded the Captain announced we were delayed because they had a mechanical problem with the plane but it was OK now!!!

On arrival in Boston we were surprised and amused to find rows of rocking chairs lined up against the windows so you could sit and watch the planes, weird but cute. Got to hotel OK and it was actually better than it looked on the website (I was panicking a bit in case it was a repeat of the New York situation), really nice, in a nice area (couple of minutes from Copley Square) and had a kitchen.

Boston is a really beautiful city, lots of history and great architecture. It definitely has an English feel, in some respects reminded us a bit of Manchester city centre.

On our first night we went for a wander and went to Boston Common where they were preparing for a pumpkin festival to be held on Saturday, we were asked to carve one to help with a world record attempt to have 30,000 pumpkins! Mine was the first one I have done but Sven’s was brilliant, it even had eyebrows and ears! They are preparing in earnest for Halloween over here, it is a massive thing.

Whilst in Boston we have been to the sights including a visit to Harvard, Fenway Park (home of the Red Sox and the oldest baseball stadium in the US), did the Freedom Trail and of course went to the Cheers bar! We had a great time in there, met up with a group of girls from Chicago, who were of course very pleased to hear we ‘just loooved Chicago!’ Hi Kerry, Nancy and Mercedes, hope you are reading x.

It has been great to get a break from junk food by cooking our own food although we did make another fatal junk food mistake (every time we think we should try something, we do and don’t really enjoy it). This was at Mr Bartley’s Gourmet Burgers opposite Harvard. As you can imagine we were expecting it to be really special but in fact it was more like a greasy spoon so we are now sworn off the junk food!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

A beer in CheersA beer in Cheers
A beer in Cheers

Yes you have seen that right, it is Sven with a Beer


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb