Very close to Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear Blog Readers who must wait, Blame no connection or blame the writer, but I have missed a few days. From Freeport, MI Where we weathered our 2nd BIG storm...torrents of rain, wind, and curl up with a good book weather (no fireplace). Next day...bright and sunny! Our weather has really been incredibly delightful for autumn in New England. Found a cute sounding place in New Hampshire, Henniker so we stayed there, walked to church and tried to use our cell phone. The big event that night was a preHalloween Scary Hay ride. Members of a snowmobile club get together, camp, and REALLY decorate their campsites with special effects. Then, kids & adults from the area come to get scared. It was really creepy and dark. It reminded us of Karol Hall's party. Onto Massachusetts. Thank goodness for Paul being kind enough to have all these nice family members in the east. We are now at Kathy, Steve, and Deanna's home in Wayland, MA not far from Boston. They have a lovely home surrounded by trees & wetlands. We are camping in their driveway and it's more secluded than some of our campsite have been. Deanna is as cute as Seamus and they are great cousin buddies. She is very verbal and is doing extremely well. Over pizza we watched our first (and the last) playoff game. Everything around here is Red Sox. We had to stay up until 12:30 am to celebrate the victory. It was fun seeing the game instead of listening to it. They left for work/school a bit tired and we explored the environs. Kathy gave us directions to the neighboring town of Wellesley where there is a Peet's coffee...be still my heart. Four pounds and a cappuccino later we were happy campers. Has one come to Monterey yet? It was declared Male Haircut Day by me and Timmy got the works and Dave a mere haircut (not like Chris). We made a Mexican feast for them and we so enjoyed being in a home with family. We do miss the personal contacts.
We are happy to announce the arrival of NICHOLAS LEE TRACY on Oct. 22, weighing in at a whomping, record-breaking (for our family) 9lbs. 8ozs., 20". The older siblings seem delighted at his appearance, but say he is so small. I don't think Rebecca would say the same! Lon has promised photos. We will keep you posted; Rebecca comes home today. love from the proud grandparents of 10, DWT

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb