Boston day trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
June 21st 2007
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

A group of 12 of us went to Boston for the day. I ended up driving one of the camp vans (10 seater) and one of the counselors drove his car. It actually wasn't that hard driving on the other side of the road as you were sitting on the left side of the car. It's about 117 miles and 2hrs 15mins to Boston.

We drove to one of the counselors houses (Mike Baskin) in the suburb of Brighton and his mum put on a 3 course lunch (dessert was leftover chocolate cake from graduation parties). During lunch Ed (from UK) bet Jose $2 to eat a large spoonful of jelly beans which he did in 2 minutes. Very funny, I'll upload it to youtube soon.

We caught a bus to Kenmore square and started walking - we went to Fenway Park - no time for a tour but I'll do that next time. Walked around town, went to Boston Library (there was a crak addict waiting to use the free internet they had and he was talking to anyone and everyone), Boston Common (park) and various shops - we also visited Condomworld... We ended up in Chinatown for dinner and had Vietnamese, $65 for 11 people... so cheap. We walked some more and ended up near North Shore but we were really tired and had to get back (especially as I was driving). We also got Anna P's (Russian kitchen staff) digital camera from Radioshack as well.

At the end of the night we caught the subway back to Mike's house, had a few refreshments and jumped in the van for home... a long drive especially as we didn't have the reverse directions home - so we had to keep calling Mike who was in the other car to make sure we were heading in the right direction. We caught up with them, stopped at a servo and then drove the rest of the way home.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20660&l=75a97&id=659376334 - more photos from 1st day off in Boston


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb