The 7 steps to highly successful relocation !!


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Its done.We've finally relocated from Bangalore to Boston. The sense of finality which these words impart has only now begun to sink... nay trickle in. Also "relocated" has a sense of completion in it, which well isnt quite the whole truth. The truth of the matter is that we're still in transition.

The last few weeks flew past us in a flurry. Selling our furniture, financial paperwork,getting our visa in order, hotels, tickets .....phew !! It didn't help matters that our respective work schedules were quite crazy too. I highly recommend kijiji.com for anyone looking to sell anything in their house. Its free. Also hassle free. And simple. What wasnt so simple was watching our house being stripped of our favourite possesions as we watched and bid farewell to our stuff in muted melancholy. Anyone who thinks this is sentimental nonsense should try selling their favourite sofa !!

And finally it was upon us. The D-day. In spite of meticulous planning, we had to tie up some loose ends literally till the last minute ( actually, we're still tying up some!) As a result , we could'nt call up and say bye to all the people we wanted
Bundle of joyBundle of joyBundle of joy

With Srija ,Sanjoy and Srimoyee's daughter
to. So apologies if we missed out to anyone on this list. Thankfully, this time we were flying Lufthansa (Bangalore-Frankfurt-Boston), it was a very comfortable journey and we were quite fresh even at the end of 21 hrs. As soon as we got into a cab at the airport, the cabbie (not an Indian guy) asked us "Are you from Bangalore, Bombay or Delhi" and upon replying Bangalore - pat came the next question "So are you working with Infosys , Satyam or TCS??" That kindof set the tone of how many desis you get to spot in Boston. The hotel next door consists of ~ 95% , for example...

For some reason (mostly availability) we're staying at Waltham which is kinda a bit outside Boston with poor connectivity. We're still figuring out the best route and mode of transport for a ride into the city. Today was our slated day for house hunting but it got comletely ruined due to the thunderstorm.. we did manage to visit one property though but came back wishing we hadn't stepped out in the downpour..and tomorrow doesn't look too promising either with more thunderstorms forecasted...

Boston seems nice and laidback, we're missing New York a bit. Luckily we have some really close friends here with whom we spent whole of sunday listening to Old hindi songs. Just realised I've probably sounded morose in this blog, which really isn't the case!!! So have fun, watch this space , and keep writing in ...

P.s. - There is no such thing as a highly successful relocation .
P.s - Nobody has ever found 7 steps of doing it
P.s. - Did you really think I would tell you if i knew ????


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



5th June 2007

Happy landing at US of A
It was nice to see your blog. We are waiting for you to hunt a house so that we can have a landline number. We will wait for more of your travel blogs in coming days
5th June 2007

Kamon Achis
Hi Babu n Swati, I was so happy to hear from you. Hope you find a good house. Happy house hunting. Take care. Lots of love Ma. PS.... Srija is So......... sweet.
5th June 2007

Coolio!!gud to read that u guys r settling in! Keep writing in.. n al the v best for this new stint!
23rd January 2011
Frankfurt airport

Statue
What is the name of this statue?

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.114s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb