Bye bye United States


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
June 30th 2005
Published: July 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Bad wigBad wigBad wig

Yowzaa!
No luck of the Irish after the first day.

Our first flight from KC to Washington D.C. was delayed by two hours. So my travel buddy, Sean, and I spent some quality time at the Kansas City airport. Time was moving fast after a couple phone calls and a cup of coffee at KC's Home Turf (buscuits and gravy for Sean).

Sean was quick to point out a United Airlines employee with the worst wig I've ever seen. Ahh... the joy of owning a digital camera. Enjoy!

So after we meet up with Dan, the third member of our traveling crew, we were off. The three of us arrived in D.C. Reagan around 12:30 PM EST for what we thought would be painless connection... arrive at gate 43 and depart at gate 45. Seems easy… right? If we only knew.

“Please accept our sincere apologies for the baggage mishandling you have experienced. We are aware that you are inconvenienced, and we are making every effort to resolve the situation with prompt individual attention.” - Sincerely, US Airways, Property Irregularity Receipt.

Long story short… we spent the better part of three hours in the horribly depressing baggage claim of Logan International. Our luggage was LOST.

Our chartered flight to Shannon, Ireland was not scheduled to depart until 10:30 PM… so our original plans included a brief adventure in harvard square. It was not to be. Suddenly, scheduling an eight-hour layover in Boston wasn’t such a bad idea.

So with spirits low, we decided it was time for a bite to eat. First stop, Bella Boston… OUT OF FOOD… chalk it up to bad luck… moving on. Second stop, Boston Deli. I order an italian sub with the works plus tobasco. I kid you not… the guy working FAKE puts tobasco on my sandwich. Literally, he grabs the bottle of tobasco, with the red lid firmly in place, and repeatedly motions the bottle over the sandwich. Unbelieveable.

At this point, three conclusions were made: (1) Logan Airport sucks. (2) US Airways sucks. (3) We needed drinks.

Three coors lights apiece at the international terminal Houlihan’s bar. Dan made a quick stop at duty free for a bottle of rum and we departed… with no luggage.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb