Sandy Cove: A Weekend on the Bay


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland
November 9th 2008
Published: November 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Chesapeake BayChesapeake BayChesapeake Bay

View from the hotel.
We were blessed to be given a trip to Sandy Cove Ministries for a lovely weekend getaway. Sandy Cove is a resort in the tiny town of North East, Maryland and lazily stretches along the coast of the Chesapeake Bay. The sprawling brick and white-siding resort is bordered by the water on one side and buried within miles of forest on the others, like a little world onto itself.

We attend the Couple’s Weekend Getaway which includes a Couple’s Conference led by an energetic and entertaining husband and wife team. In between the conference sessions, meals, and a Saturday night concert we wander the expansive grounds, strolling along the shore of the bay or just sitting and enjoying the view. The property includes campgrounds and nature trails but we stick close to the water. We did spend some time browsing the old books in the thrift store, playing some games of air hockey in the auditorium, mingling with new friends, and curled up in comfy chairs by the warm fireplace in the lodge. When the chilly wind wasn’t too bad, we were drawn outside again, especially in the evening to watch the sun sink into the bay from the long dock or the Adirondack chairs sprinkled across the lawn.

The breezes off the bay were cold and Saturday was speckled with rain and drenched with fog, but it was a beautiful locale nonetheless. The weekend began Friday evening just before sunset and stretched through to the clear and sunny Sunday afternoon, and those two and a half days were a welcome and truly relaxing diversion.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

What a View...What a View...
What a View...

Photo taken of us the first night by an employee of the hotel on his cell phone.
The Foggy View From Our RoomThe Foggy View From Our Room
The Foggy View From Our Room

Taken first thing Saturday morning.
SeagullsSeagulls
Seagulls

This was taken in the middle of the afternoon, but Saturday was foggy and/or raining all day.
Sunny View of the BaySunny View of the Bay
Sunny View of the Bay

After the rain on Saturday things really cleared up, as you can see here. This was taken Sunday.


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0977s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb