Day Twenty-One...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Baltimore
July 11th 2015
Published: July 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

…laundry day!! Yay…clean clothes! Always a good day when we have clean clothes. More importantly, we needed them because we went to the Orioles game. Actually, we didn’t really care about the game, we went to see the park. Oriole Park at Camden Yards is a really nice baseball park. I hadn’t realized the alley between right field and the B & O Warehouse was incorporated into the new ballpark grounds. There are souvenir shops, cafes and pubs outside of which you can sit, relax and enjoy the sounds of the game.

We walked around the park, taking it all in before we grabbed dinner at Boog’s BBQ. The food was pretty good, but I thought it was a little dry without the barbecue sauce. There were several to choose from at the condiment bar. The chips that came with our sandwiches were kettle-style chips that they seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning. Yum! They even had large shaker containers of it at the condiment bar in case you wanted more. I saw one young man completely cover his chips in it.

After dinner we went in search of our seats. Easier said than done. The sections were not well marked. We probably just weren’t paying close enough attention. After wandering aimlessly an attendant asked if he could help us. Our seats were right next to where we ate dinner. Well, at least we knew how to get out. When we bought the tickets, the lady warned us our view would be obstructed. She wasn’t kidding. We couldn’t see anything happening in the right field corner. Everything from where the right fielder stood to the foul line and beyond was apparently not in our network. Everything else we could see just fine…including a home run by the Orioles and two by the Washington Nationals. Jackson High School alum Travis Snyder hit the second Nationals homer.

We only stayed for a couple innings. Like I said, the game was secondary. We wandered around a bit more, took more pictures of the things that made this ballpark unique and headed back to the train. Today we made sure we faced forward. We’re getting the hang of it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Bryce HarperBryce Harper
Bryce Harper

He hit the first Nationals home run we saw.


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb