Seadogs Baseball Game


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Portland
August 9th 2006
Published: September 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

I had promised my dad a SeaDogs (Red Sox AA Baseball team in Portland, ME) for Fathers Day and although it was late, we were finally able to round up the whole family on the same night. There were 6 of us - mom & Dad, Ian and I, my sister Casey and her boyfriend Jon. Ian and I were to meet the four of them at Hadlock Field in front of the gates. We arrived first, which is highly unusual. We parked at our usual location - at a Chinese Restaurant down the street, where they charge $5 and it's only a short walk (the designated lots fill up so fast, local businesses charge for their lots and it's no more expensive and often easier to get out at the end of the night.)

Our seats were in the section that is new this year, kind of a take on the "Green Monster" seating at Fenway. We had a blast, but did have to pass a pair of binoculars around to see certain plays... George Bush, Sr. threw out the first pitch (whatev). We had a dinner of soft pretzels w/cheese, beer, and a Sea Dogs Biscuit - a delicious ice cream sandwich of vanilla ice cream between 2 chocolate chip cookies...yumm-o!

The best part - they won!!! Ian and I have gone to 2 other games in the past 2 years, which both were defeats - but they won!! This is neat because a little lighthouse comes up on the sidelines and some fireworks are released!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb