Crawfish at Coop's


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last night Lucy and I tour ourselves away from hiding in our hostel drinking cheap beer and went out for the night. A shock to most I am sure. We headed into the French Quarter to go eat dinner at this bar - Coop's - which is all dark corners, shiny wood bar and fluro signs saying things like ' The bartender is always right!'. We had heard they do a mean taster menu of tasty creole food and so spent the first part of our evening eating fried crawfish, seafood gumbo and jambalaya (yes I am talking about food again). Then we got the streetcar over to Oak street and walked to this bar called 'The Maple Leaf'. The band playing - Rebirth Brass Band were already a firm favourite of Lucys and they didn't disappoint live. Got in an discussion with some American boys on the bus back about whether the USA or UK was better.. think we won.
This morning we went to St. Louis Cemetry No. 1 but just missed the tour and had been told to not walk about it on our own under any circumstances! So we timidly looked at some of the graves until the fear of someone jumping out from behind one of the tombs got the better of us and we left. It was very fitting going their this morning considering we were hanging like the walking dead after last night...


Advertisement



13th July 2011

and yes i am well aware of the glaringly obvious spelling mistake 6 words in but can't figure out how to edit...

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb