One Day and a Wake Up


Advertisement
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Cliff & Ruthie


The first day of our 14 month adventure began on May 1st with the arrival of our good friend Brendan to celebrate the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. It ended six days later after many cocktails, good music, late nights and early mornings. As usual, we passed a good time!

With only four days left before we turn our house over to a great couple and their daughter, we started packing and cleaning hoping all would be finished in time. Cliff took time out to prepare himself for the trip by getting a really big tattoo from Don at Eye Candy Tattoo. We spent our last night with good friends at the Columns Hotel on St. Charles Avenue. Thanks everyone, we will miss you all!

We said goodbye to our house and our front porch friends at 11:30pm on May 9th and started the drive to North Carolina. Did not make much progress the first night and stopped over in Hattiesburg, MS where we left $75 worth of wonderful prepared food from Langensteins in the hotel fridge. Did not realize it until 1 hour up the road. Happy Mother's Day to the housekeepers. (Cliff's Dad was not too happy as that was supposed to be his birthday gift!). I hope that will be the only thing we leave behind on this trip...From there we stopped overnight in Augusta, GA before making it to the Carolina's.

We are spending a few days with our parents in Winnabow, North Carolina (just South of Wilmington). On Saturday night we will drive a rental to Atlanta, GA to catch our one way flight to Bangkok, Thailand.

To be continued...




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Cliff's TattooCliff's Tattoo
Cliff's Tattoo

Cliff with Don of Eye Candy Tattoo - it's awesome!


18th May 2008

gonna miss you..
I was happy to hear you decided to actually gonna go thorough with it, but sad that I'm not gonna get to see you this summer!! Also wish I could have been with all of you at the Columns, I was there in spirit:) If you're going to Scotland you gotta come by Norway, too. Just got my friend Sharon from New Orleans a ticket from London to less than $40! The same airline flies from Edinburgh.. Have an awesome trip, beautiful people! Love you! Karin P.S. Captain! the tattoo looks great!!!
19th May 2008

Can't believe this!
WOW! I cannot believe you two! You continue to amaze me with your desire to see the world. Addison is incredibly jealous! Too bad he has one last year of college, or he'd be joinging you. Somehow he must have gotten the travel gene from you two down the line! Hope you have the time of your lives. Be safe. I'm thrilled to be able to keep up with you on this blog. Cliff, what in the world is that a tattoo of???? The old eyes aren't what they used to be so you need to clarify! Addison is managing to get himself all painte up too. Are you sure he doesn't belong to ya'll? HAH! Love ya'll! Stephie

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb