The Adams Family


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
April 23rd 1999
Published: April 23rd 1999
Edit Blog Post

"I got my first real six-string. Bought it at the five-and-dime. Played it til my fingers bled. It was the summer of 69." Those opening lines from the opening act more or less guarantee a good show. Especially since they come from the person who came up with the whole concept of singing about his careless, happy youth, back in 1969. Linda Perry, you know the What's Up girl, served as a crowd-starter. Pretty good choice, but the main performer can carry his own show. There are only two persons during the whole show at the rather small stage at the House of Blues. Bryan and his base player Scott. They both wear jeans and white t-shirts. Nothing fancy, just pure rock-n-roll. The way it was meant to be. Mr. Adams sure as hell is no stuck-up brat from Beverly Hills. Just the average guy from Ontario, who happened to be super-talented at writing songs and singing them. The average guy who goes to the toilet, eats and gets thirsty. So thirsty he has to ask the crowd for a drink. One is passed forward from the back of the room. He drinks it, and continues with his hit-parade. It works. Totally. But "I guess nothing could last forever, forever, no!!!"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb