Lake Charles Part TWO


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Crabbing on the bayouCrabbing on the bayouCrabbing on the bayou

Crabbing for blue crabs.
Today our hosts picked us up early to go buy crabbing supplies and we went crabbing on the bayous of the Blue Crab Rec. Area. We caught a lot of crab using chicken necks on a string---easy tackle set up!! We ate the famous local boudin which was absolutely wonderful and spicy and the flavors were amazing.

We went to the Wetlands Walkway in the Sabine Refuge but the huge deerflies and mosquitoes were bad so we cut our hike short.
Then we went shelling at Holly Beach on the Gulf of Mexico and finally took a ferry to Cameron. There we went along the Cameron Prairie Refuge and Pintail Wildlife Drive where we saw lots of alligators in the wild sitting in the bayous---so very cool. We saw lots of turtles too and beautiful birds in the wetlands.

We drove a huge portion of the Creole Nature Trail which goes about 90 miles and later on we swam at the hotel and then we went out for a mess of crawfish at Hollier's Cajun Kitchen---the happening local yocal spot---we're fixin' to show you some photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Got one!Got one!
Got one!

Crabbing on the bayou.
Local gets a giant crab.Local gets a giant crab.
Local gets a giant crab.

Crabbing on the bayou.
Gulf of Mexico, in LouisianaGulf of Mexico, in Louisiana
Gulf of Mexico, in Louisiana

Shelling on the beach.
Bayou CrittersBayou Critters
Bayou Critters

On the Creole Nature Trail
A mess 'a crawfishA mess 'a crawfish
A mess 'a crawfish

Fixin' to eat a mess a' cajun crawfish.


Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb