Louisville, Kentucky May 2012 - Kentucky Derby


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky
May 3rd 2012
Published: July 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Kentucky DerbyKentucky DerbyKentucky Derby

Louisville, Kentucky May 5, 2012
Arrived in Louisville, Kentucky on Thursday evening on May 3rd, 2012...immediately off to enjoy Bourbon drinks...free mint juleps at the Marriott...you can't beat that...and the evening finished in outdoor bar scenes called Fourth Street Live!...

The next day we are off to Muhammad Ali Center...to commemorate his life, profession and charities...

Then lunch at a local pizza place...delicious...

After a delicious meal, we are off wandering the downtown streets of Louisville...it is interesting that they have something historical to say at every block...cool...

Then it was time to check out Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Downs...at first it was very hot...Astrid and I had to take shades from a cop car...hilarious...what is even more hilarious was we got rained on...and were evacuated...now we've truly experienced horse racing in scorching hot weather and horse racing in rainy weather...Louisville is sure we get the full experience...off we left to take covers and back to downtown Louisville...

Off to Fourth Street Live for some appetizers and bourbon drinks...First stop of our bourbon trail is Maker's Mark...we had some appetizers...they were delicious...next is The Old Seelbach Bar...we had dinner there...n I thought it was good...next on our list of bourbon trail is Z's Fusion...terrible service n terrible drinks...the next one is not any different either...Jockey Silks...however, it was nice to see different jockey accessories though...

FINALLY, long awaited...The Kentucky Derby...Astrid n I got up early to head to the race track...but of course, there is major problem...the owner who promised to give us a ride to the race track is no where to be found...so now we need to hustle to get to the track...luckily, 2 gentlemen were off to the track so we shared a cab ride with them...

...Oh no...long line...we are finally there...and off the horses go...whoot whoot...


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb