Hello Kansas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kansas » Pittsburg
June 22nd 2018
Published: June 23rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today was the earliest departure yet,(0630) in an attempt to beat the headwinds!

For the most part we were successful. We made it about 40 of the 50 miles before the wind really kicked up!

The last city in Missouri, Golden City has a famous Diner among the cycling crowd called Cooky’s Diner. They made us a great breakfast and we signed their book to verify our visit.

While we were there, two of the Trans America racers entered for a quick meal.
Marc McConnel and Lech Kiedrowski, Mark was especially pleasant and gave me some great, “gotta visit”, tips. ( Although he is racing, he had time to enjoy some great adventures along the way.)

The first of them occurs in Wyoming at Saratoga, so I have something to look forward to.

After leaving Golden City, it was 35 absolutely desolate miles to Pittsburgh where we are spending the night.

Tomorrow morning I will be departing early to continue my journey and Bruce is headed for the Joplin, Missouri airport to fly home.

He accompanied me all the way through Missouri and the Ozarks and I really enjoyed his company.

He was
Lech Kiedrowski’s bike, Rider 82Lech Kiedrowski’s bike, Rider 82Lech Kiedrowski’s bike, Rider 82

We met one of the Trans America Racers in Cooky’s Cafe in Golden City. Here is his bike.
a witness to some of the most demanding efforts to date so I’m sure he will be happy to share those adventures with our friends back home.

Tomorrow I will get a first taste of Kansas!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



23rd June 2018

Happy Riding
You are making great progress! Do you have a preset arrival date for CA-home?
23rd June 2018

Home datez
I hope to be home near the end of August sometime.
23rd June 2018
Leaving Missouri and entering Kansas

Persistence
Broman. You are strong & courageous.! So proud to be your wingman along the way. May the winds be at your back. All the best
23rd June 2018
Leaving Missouri and entering Kansas

Thanks
Thanks Bruce! It has been a lot of fun. See you again I hope.
23rd June 2018

Solo
You Go Bob. I know it must be a little harder without company but you got this... Enjoy the sights...
23rd June 2018

Hi Malena
Thanks for the encouragement. I always appreciate your remarks.

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb