Day 1 - May 12, 2017 Boston to Forest City, IA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa » Forest City
May 14th 2017
Published: May 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Boston to Forest City, IA


After an early wake up and final check of all needed items, we were on our way to Diane and John's for our Limo pickup to Boston's Logan Airport. Traffic was light so we arrived in plenty of time. After checking our bags in at curbside, and waiting for the others to do so, Ray happens to look at the boarding passes and noted that we had been upgraded to 1st class. Sounded great till he realized that the destination was now Orlando, Fl and his name was Mohammed something or other. As our bags had already disappeared down the conveyer belt, concern crept in rapidly. Luckily the bags were correctly sent to MSP and just the boarding passes were incorrect. I can only imagine not finding this out till we were ready to board. I have a feeling Ray would have been on the evening news.

After an uneventful flight we had lunch at Minneapolis airport, along with some VERY expensive Bloody Marys, and headed off to meet the bus, taking us to the Winnebago Factory, where we would get into our RV's. We met the three couples from Cedar Hammock in Florida at the bus area. They are also going on this trip, taking the same route we took 2 years ago.

After the 2 1/2 hour drive, we arrived at our new "Home" for the next three weeks. We threw our bags into the RV's and headed over to a little restaurant adjacent to the property for a quick salad and the obligatory wine. Back at the RV, we hooked up to commercial power (needed to run the coffee maker in the morning), unpacked and hit the sack. Big day ahead tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



14th May 2017

"The Thinker"
...,that particular pose brings to mind those "squatting-potty" commercials!!!! ...just sayin'
14th May 2017

It begins
Thanks for the blogg, feels like I'm there with you guys .....Have fun and be safe
14th May 2017

Mohammad and his wife....
Glad you had an uneventful flight to MSP! You are correct could have turned out quite interesting at security.

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb