Anticipation!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana
July 6th 2006
Published: July 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are leaving on Monday, so we’ve been spending the last few days getting everything ready and trying to anticipate what we’re going to need when we get to Sweden. We’ve also been going through the guidebooks and trying to decide what things we want to do and see when we get to Stockholm. I lean more toward history and museums and scenic areas, while my husband is more interested in the people and the contemporary culture. We’ve been using the DK Eyewitness Guide to Sweden and the Rough Guide to Sweden. The DK has nice color photographs and good maps. I’m a sucker for the DK guides because of the sumptuous pictures and the cut-away diagrams of the big buildings. The Rough Guide has more descriptions, more words at least, so the two seem to balance each other out even though the Rough Guide is nearly six years old.

We want to see Gamla Stan in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Visby, Tanumshede, and all the castles and museums that I can politely manage to drag everyone through. We might also take an overnight ferry to Helsinki. Our itinerary will be very flexible, however, because we are traveling for the most part with our Swedish hosts. I’m sure they will know many, many more places of interest to visit.

None of this conveys the absolute excitement we are feeling right now, off to Sweden!!!!!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb