A2 RIHLA #26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
May 20th 2013
Published: May 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The article "Bangladesh garment workers get union rights, higher pay in wake of deadly factory collapse" is about factory workers from Bangladesh were able to get trade union rights after a recent building collapse that killed more than 1,100 people who were making clothes. This event received global attention not only because of the event itself, but of the hazardous conditions at the industry's building itself. This current events issue relates to human rights as it has to due with Article 23 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which is the right to desirable work and to join trade unions. These and probably many other rights were being harmed because the workers over in Bangladesh were not being represented and were not being treated fair while working to create clothes and other garments. I think this issue is very important to talk about because human rights are important as well. Since the people in Bangladesh had their rights harmed by not being able to form trade unions so that all of their issues would be addressed and everyone would be happier. This is not always the case in many other countries and I am very glad that reading the article gave me a greater outlook on how people should cherish the given rights they have as human beings more than ever before.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb